Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Beet Salad!


I love the color of beets and the delicious flavor that they bring to the table! I made a quick salad with roasted beets (that I roasted a day ahead, cut up and kept in the fridge overnight).
I roasted my beet in aluminum foil at 350 degrees for about 45-60 mins or until fork tender.
You can peel them if you like or just cut up into bite size pieces.
I tossed my beets with about 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar, 1 Tsbp olive oil, 1 tsp dried or fresh oregano, little sea salt & pepper to taste and 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion. I let that mixture marinate for at least 20-30 minutes at room temperature and then just pile on to of mixed greens, arugula or whatever type of lettuce you prefer! MMMM! You could even add some goat cheese or blue cheese as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment